Here at the Bamboo Flooring Company, we take our environmental responsibilities seriously - every aspect of our operation has been evaluated, from production and transportation, down to light bulbs and stationery.
Although our product is one of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable flooring materials available, we are constantly looking for new ways to reduce our Carbon Footprint: whether it's refining our processes, using more environmentally friendly suppliers or investing in less wasteful technology.
- We minimise waste and maximise the use of necessary resources to reduce pollution in all parts of our business, at home and overseas.
- We have an ongoing investment programme to refine our production processes and deliver improved performance, which will further reduce our impact on the environment.
- Fuel consumption for transportation and distribution is kept to a minimum, through shortening our supply lines and minimising non-vital journeys.
- Waste produced in our manufacturing process is recycled - used as fuel for the kilns that dry out the flooring.
- Reducing the company;s waste production is a key objective and we are constantly refining our operating practices. Where waste is unavoidable, we recycle materials whenever practical: All brochures, letterheads and stationery are printed on recycled paper. All waste paper is recycled into packaging, and all waste cardboard, wood and bamboo is also recycled.
- Electricity consumption is kept to a minimum. All non-essential lighting is switched off when not in use, all monitors use low powered TFT screens.
- Our offices and warehouse buildings have been designed to make best-use of all available natural light, so artificial lighting is only required after dark.
- We encourage all our employees to play an active role in achieving our environmental goals, not only in their day-to-day actions, but also with long-term ideas and suggestions.
- We comply with all UK and global environmental legislation and regulatory controls.